Pet Travel Update - 1st January 2021

Updated: Jan 27, 2021

From 1st January 2021, GB will have ‘Part 2 listed’ status. This means that all pet owners from the UK will need an Animal Health Certificate (AHC) for travel. Current EU Pet Passports will NO longer be valid for travel.

To get an AHC, pet owners must take proof of their pet’s microchipping date and pet’s rabies vaccination history with them to an appointment for issuing of the AHC. This appointment must be with a government official veterinarian, some of our vets are these, and your pet will have a health examination to ensure they are fit to travel.

We will ask you to complete a questionnaire in advance of your appointment. This will provide us with some of the information we need to apply for the appropriate AHC based on your travel requirements, and allow us to input some information ahead of the appointment.

Pets must be microchipped and will need to be vaccinated against rabies at least 21 days before travel.

An AHC is valid for 10 days after the date of issue for entry into the EU. The certificate is valid for a single trip to the EU. It is valid for onward travel within the EU for 4 months after the date of issue.

The AHC is valid for re-entry to GB for 4 months after the date of issue.

If you have any questions about the upcoming changes to travel within the EU,

please look on the government website or get in contact with us.


Recent Posts

See All